Welcome to His Hill

Hey there,
I writing this to you from the dining hall at His Hill Bible School. That's right! I have officially arrived at Bible school and I've bee here since Wednesday. A lot has happened since then and my brain has been flooded with so many new things.

Noah drove me the hour and a half from his house on Wednesday just after lunch. Driving up to the school I was really nervous. We arrived here early that afternoon. I was the second one in my dorm room to arrive. I think we have the best dorm room! We are in 1st Kings. It's the newest dorm building. We have five people in our room. There is Miranda who is a second-year student, Evie, Ellie, Brooklyn and myself. We have three bunk beds in the main room with a table, two dressers, a few chairs, a couch, a counter with a sink and a mini-fridge. Off of the main room, we have a closet with two more dressers and plenty of hanging space for the five of us. Off the main room is also the bathroom. It has two sinks and cubies for each of our toiletries. Off that room are two rooms each with a shower and a toilet. We also have a porch out the back with a beautiful view! I feel so happy and at home in our room. Each of us has put up photos and made our bed spaces cosy and our own.

The views here are amazing!

I claimed a bottom bunk and my space in the closet. I put all my clothes away and hung up a bunch of photos on my wall. Noah and I also took a quick trip to the nearest Walmart half an hour away for a few last bits and pieces that I needed for my room like a bedside table/drawers and a pillow. Once I was all organized I felt a lot more comfortable and calm. We put the finishing touches to my room before heading to dinner. We also had a game of dodgeball that first night. Once I felt a little more comfortable it was a lot of fun. Noah left to go back home and I went back and hung out with my roommates before bed.

Thursday and Friday were orientation and registration days. It has been a lot of new information. It will take a while to get used to it all but I don't think I'm doing too badly. After meetings on Friday afternoon, we have been free. Free time has been spent in the swimming pool, getting to know people better, playing card games and being taught how to play tennis. Every night Sabeth, a German student, has been teaching me how to play tennis. It's been fun and slightly frustrating. But it feels good to get a little exercise and be outside.

This is the chapel and where I will have classes every day!

I've been enjoying one on one time most like late-night conversations in the dorm and conversations with whoever is sitting next to me on the school bus coming back from church. Constantly interacting with so many people has honestly been draining. But, I have absolutely been loving getting to know all these cool people. They all have unique stories to tell. The food here is amazing and I am so looking forward to classes to begin on Monday. I can't wait to just soak everything up and stretch my brain again. I'm loving all the fellowship and the variety of activities on campus. We're always busy. I think it will take me some time to get out of my old habits and routines and get into the new ones. We also have to each tell our testimonies in front of everyone at some point during the year and that makes me nervous. But, I feel like this year will be full of things far out of my comfort zone. So, I'm working on being okay with that. This year is going to be amazing! I just need to be open to change and new things. I can't wait to learn and grow and make new friends.

So, that's all for today's update. I am really excited for this year in Texas even though I know it will come with challenges. Please always feel free to ask me questions. Until next time, peace out y'all!
Darcy-Rea

The school bus used to transport all the students


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans