I'm Going to Bible School!!!

Hi,
So, I have something exciting to tell you about! Where do I start? I'm hoping to move to Texas next year! Shall I explain?

Anyone who has kept up with my blog this past year would know that I've been trying to figure out what to do with my life after high school. At first, I wanted to be a missionary; Lebanon, Mongolia, Thailand. But God promptly closed all those doors. Then I wanted to move to Indiana. But I couldn't get a work visa. So, I was then going to move to Saskatchewan in Canada. But for multiple reasons, I believed it was best for me to stay. And one day I was sitting in a Cafe and I had a realization. I should go to Bible school! Why? This is a little bit of a story. 

Bonfire night with our last team.
My parents met at Capernwray Hall in England. Capernwary or Torchbearers have centres all over the world. Mum went to the one in England and then the one in Germany. My father went to the one in Austria then the one in England. When we lived in Canada we worked at the centre there. And my sister has visited the one in Japan multiple times to volunteer. So, growing up I kind of just assumed I would go to Bible school after high school. I remember sitting down with my best friend at the time and dreaming about which school we wanted to go to. We wrote a list of our top three with the pros and cons of each one. But I could never decide which one I wanted to go to. But since moving here I kind of just forgot about going to Bible school altogether. I came up with other hopes, dreams and plans. Then one day when I was sitting in a Cafe, once again thinking about I had no clue what to do with my life it hit me. "Why don't I go to Bible school!? I've always wanted to go to Bible school!" So, I looked into and remember my top three. Finally, I decided to go the one in Texas. Looking into the school I very quickly loved the idea and loved the school. I shared this with my parents and they thought it would be a great idea. 

The next question you may have is why? Why do I want to go to Bible school so much? What benefits does it have? These are all great questions and I'm happy to answer them! First of all, when you finish you don't finish with a degree or anything like that. Going to Bible school is about personal growth and growing closer to God. Many people go as a Gap year before they go to college because it'll set a great foundation for the rest of your life. You get to dive in-depth into Gods word and learn more about Him and who you are in Him and how that affects our day to day lives. You also get to live in community with a bunch of people doing the same thing as you are. You get to constantly be in fellowship and make friends with cool new people. The staff there are invested in you and your learning so you can ask questions freely. Its a great environment for learning and growth before you go out into the world. But why this Bible school? Well, I wanted to go to a torchbearers school. I also wanted to be close enough to family that if I need help they'll be there. But far away enough from home that I'll be on my own and independent. So, America sounds perfect! I also love America! I've never been to Texas and I love going to new places. His Hill is really community-based which I love. It is also one of the only school that goes through the whole Bible in a year which is something I'd love to be able to do! I also have quite a few good friends who either are from Texas or live in Texas. So, let's just say I would love to go! If you want to know more about the school you can check it out at hishill.org

The beautiful Cambodian cloudy skies! 
But I quickly came up with a problem. I need to raise $15,000 by June of 2019, which is when I want to go. This will cover a new passport, visa, plane tickets and tuition/ living for one year. So, if you feel led to help me out here are three things you can do.
  1. You can always pray! You can pray that God will provide and you can pray for guidance through this. Prayer is always needed.
  2. You can go over to my Gofundme page. I set up a Gofundme campaign which you can donate to if you'd like to help me. Click here to go over to that page. 
  3. If you can't donate, but still feel called to help you can always share this blog post or the Campaign to help get the word out.
Somebody once suggested to me to make a recipe book to sell to help raise money. I'm working on making that now. So once it's available I'll let you know. I think it'll be an ebook so you can get it where ever you live in the world. If you have any ideas please feel free to email me or message me. I'd love to hear from you!Anyway, that's all for this update. I'll be keeping you updated as things come along. Until next time,
Darcy-Rea

Khmer New Year water fight fun with the kiddos! 

Khmer New Year Party





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans