Months 4 and 5: A Little Failure and a Little Update

Hi there,
For those who don't know, this year (2019) I decided it would be a good idea to read a book a month. Months 1, 2 and 3 went pretty great. However, in months 4 and 5 I had a little failure. But that won't stop me! So, what happened? P.S. I'm not good at telling you what a book it actually about so Included links to each of the book's Goodreads page so you can check that out if you want. 

In April, I was supposed to read Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker. However, I only finished it on my plane ride to Texas which was May 4th. So, I failed to read that one on time. However, I really did like the book. I really love Ted Dekker's books. But, they aren't for everyone. His books can fall into the categories of thriller, fantasy, psychological thriller, horror and mystery. I've read a couple before this one and loved them. They make you think that the characters are living in our world and everything is good and normal. Then, as the books go on, you start to see our reality twist and dissolve as you realize something's not quite right here. It's very interesting how he does this. It can make you question our own world and ask if all is really as it seems. They can be disturbing or discomforting at time. He is a Christian author who brings Christ and salvation to our world in a very interesting and often very understandable way. His writing is captivating and words intriguing. They bring you into this world he has created. I found that the books had just a few too many twists and turns though. I think that a few parts weren't necessary and that made the book a  little bulkier. I also felt the end was kind of drawn out too. However, I did really liked this book and will continue to read Ted Dekker books. After having read this one I found out that it's the second book in a series of four called Outlaw Chronicles. It really didn't matter that I hadn't read the first one. But I would love to read the other ones after having read this one.


In May, I was supposed to read The Rule of 3 by Eric Walters. As of June 3rd I am yet to finish it. To be honest I didn't start it until I got back from Texas on May 14th and it is one of the largest books on my To-Read list at over 400 pages. However, I am determined to finish it. I think I'm taking so long to read it because it's filled with a lot of dialog that can be a little bland at times. The concept behind the book is very interesting and I'm very curious to see how it ends. But, I do think the execution could have been better. This book is also in a series which is simply called The Rule of Three Series. Because I haven't really finished the book I can't give a good comprehensive review. But I will say that's it's quite interesting but I don't think I'll read the next books. I just don't think they're for me. They're just a little too slow moving.

I also wanted to give you all a little update on Bible school and how that's moving along. I have been accepted and all my paperwork has been submitted. I have paid a Dorm deposit to ensure a place in the dorm and now I'm just waiting for my I-20 form from the school to arrive by mail. That form is what I need to fill in so that I can get a student visa. As for finances, I have all the money I need for the first term which is amazing and totally God's provision. That means that I'll be officially moving down to Texas in Late August. The exact dates are yet to be established. I'll probably visit family in Quebec for a few days before flying down to Texas for a couples weeks before school. Now I am just working on money for hopefully the second term so that I could attend for the full year which is my hope and desire. Right now I'm just praying hard and working diligently. As I have been showed so much this last year, God provides where and when He wants and sees fit. He has perfect timing and a perfect plan for me which gives me great peace. I know that I cannot do this on my own. But, I know that He will place me exactly where He wants me to be. I have also learned that so often the answers to our prayers aren't exactly what we expect them to be. So, in this time of my life I am just leaning on Him and waiting expectantly for I know He will do what is best.


I hope this answers any questions anyone may have had about school. Always feel free to ask me questions! As for my June book, my plan is to first finish The Rule of 3 (Hopefully very quickly) and then I'll pick anew book which will probably be the smallest one in my shelf. Even though I failed slightly I'm still not giving up on my challenge. I am determined. God bless and until next time,
Darcy-Rea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans