A Trip to Texas

Hi there,
I've told all you about my hope and desire to attend His Hill Bible school in the fall and a little while ago I actually got to go for a day. Here's a little update on that. A few weeks ago I was in Texas for a little visit. While I was there Noah and I got to take a trip to visit His Hill. We got the privilege of sitting in on the morning classes and joining them for lunch. It was beautiful and wonderful. So, here's how it went. 

It was a Tuesday and the sun was shining. We woke up early and headed out of the house around 7:30 for the hour and a half drive there. We drove through Texas hill country and chatted all the way. I was quite nervous but also very excited. I had seen many pictures and was excited to see it in person. 
On my way to Texas
As we pulled into the driveway it all became so real. It set in that this would be my home for a while. We arrived right at 9:00 as the students were gathering for chapel. we shook a few people's hands and took a seat at the back. We worshipped and then a testimony was told. We took a short break and then the first session began. We sat through all three sessions with a fifteen-minute break between each one. It was really good and I enjoyed the speakers a lot. 

In between sessions we walked around a little and gazed at the view on all sides. The wind was chilly but the sunshine was warm. It was a beautiful day. Then, we went to lunch. We joined a table of students and chatted as we ate. It was really cool to be able to talk to them and ask them questions. They were all so lovely and a couple of them were from Canada which was all cool.
The gates as we pulled in
After lunch, the students were free to do as the wished so Noah and I went for a hike. We went through the trails on campus and it was lovely. We got back to the car and I napped as Noah drove us home. I am so glad that we got to go. It made it all feel so much more real and it helps me to see what I'm working towards. I'm really looking forward to attending in the fall and I can't wait to take you along for the journey! Until next time,
Darcy-Rea
The view from our hike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans