Japan Photos and an Update

Hi,
I took over 500 photos in Japan. I have chosen a very small amount of them to show you today. These photos are some of my favourites and I think to illustrate our time in Japan well. Each one has a very small caption explaining the photo a little. I hope you enjoy them!
As for an update, I have officially published an update to my GodFundMe page. You can click the link below to read it. That's all from me for now! Until next time,
God bless!
Darcy-Rea


Waiting to board our flight to Japan. We flew out of Siam Reap, Cambodia.

We had a seven-hour layover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We walked around for a while, got some lunch then found a spot to camp out for a few hours. 

When we got to Japan we had a three-hour bus ride. It was beautiful but I couldn't help but sleep for most of it. 

On our first day in Japan, we got to do some exploring. This was at a beautiful place called Oshino Hakai. 

We also walked through a stunning Japanese Garden. 

Most of our time we lived in Yamanakako which is my lake Yamanaka which is by Mt. Fuji.

In Japan, you do not wear shoes inside or you can wear inside shoes. When you go to the bathroom though, you wear bathroom shoes that are provided and everyone just slips on when you go in and slips off when they leave. 

Jordy and I took quite a few walks through the streets and paths around where we were staying. It was beautiful and reminded me of Canada. 

I saw this Moped parked at church and I loved the sticker on it.

One Sunday we explored a bamboo forest.

Looking up through the bamboo.


Part of the reason we were there was to help a family. We did everything and anything from cleaning and cooking to babysitting and setting up for guests. 

Their backyard.

One Saturday we had a picnic by the lake with this view in front of us! That's Mt. Fuji.  

A cool little shop that we biked by one day. 

A neighbour that Jordy had previously met invited us to join him a friend out on their little boat. 

The first morning of the first camp the girls in my room woke up really early and so I did too. I decided to go for a walk down to the lake with my free time. It was literally a five-minute walk to see this beautiful view!
On the second day of camp, we took all the kids down to the lake for a swim.


The beach was a private one owned by the YMCA we were staying at. So, it was just us there.

The whole time we were there all the adults were watching Mt. Fuji hoping the clouds would clear out. They never did but it was still stunning!
After swimming we went and had showers then had a campfire complete with campfire songs and smores! 

The kids roasting marshmallows and shielding their faces from the heat of the fire.

And thatès the end of camp number one!

On our off days between camps, we went for another swim at the lake since it was such lovely weather.

The beautiful sky!
Another beautiful walk with my beautiful sister.

Then it was time for camp number two. Playing games in our rooms.


Day two of Camp two at the campfire again.

Ou last night in Japan we took a walk by the lake at sunset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans