A Child's Trust For Their Father

Hey there,
So, the other day I saw a man pushing his son in a stroller through a park. They got to a road with a large drop down from the curb. The father was concentrating, trying hard to gently lower his son safely to the road below. The toddler strapped in inside was just staring blankly at the sky above without a worry in the world. He was just chilling there probably dreaming about the shapes of the clouds and the dinosaur he could see in them. He didn't seem to realize that his father behind him was working so hard to keep him safe and comfortable. He had such a total and oblivious trust that his father would take care of him. His father had total and complete control of the little boy's life yet he trusted him fully with it. You know when a father throws their child high into the air, then catching them as the child giggles and screams with joy? Imagine the amount of trust that that child had for their father in that moment. Children trust their parents to take care of them and provide for their needs. Isn't that a beautiful thing? A child's complete trust for their father?

I feel like I need to be more like that. I tend to worry about every little thing from what I'll do with my future to when the bread delivery lady is late. I just worry a lot! But sometimes I wish I had that complete and oblivious trust for God that children do with their fathers. I mean, for them, there doesn't even seem to be a possibility of being hurt or let down. Imagine if we went about our lives like that. As if, there wasn't even a way for God to let us down or hurt us. Which he never will, in case you didn't know. He has total and complete control over our lives and he knows what he's doing. He does what he can to take care of us, provide for us and protect us. Of course, we also have our own free will so we do get hurt sometimes. Sometimes we fall down or drift away from the father. But, that is not his fault! We should be able to put that childlike trust in our heavenly father.

I've been working on having that faith and trust in God. It's a tough thing to learn but, I'm working on it. It's a lot of prayer. For me, that's the key. Anytime I feel stressed, worried or anxious I just pray and remind myself that it's not the end of the world and God has the situation. Dear heavenly father, I know that you're in control. I know that you're looking after me. So, please give me peace and keep me calm. Take this situation from me and help me to trust you with it. Thank you! Another thing that helps are Bible verses. I have a few memorized that I can recite in a stressful situation. They are God's direct words to us so they help me. Here are a few.
1 Corinthians 1:25
For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. 
1 Cronichles 16:11
Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always. 
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
So, I hope this helped you. I will continue to grow and develop that childlike trust in God. I hope that this may bring some peace into your life this week. This was just a quick thought I had that I decided to share with you all this week. I have a really exciting project, that I've been working on for a while now, that should be coming out next week. Until next week, God bless!
Darcy-Rea

P.S. As usual here are a few photos from the past week.
On the way to brunch one Saturday morning.

Just some spicy peppers at the market.

One of the amazing girls on our team took some family photos and they look amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans