NF


Hey,
It was recently suggested that I review something/ somebody that I love and care about. This isn't the kid of thing I usually do, but I thought it would be a good mid week kind of post. Enjoy!

So, there is a lot of music out there today that isn't good, encouraging, uplifting. I personally love rap and I don't want to listen to boastful talk about drugs, violence, sex and money. I love Lecrae! He's fantastic. I was stoked when I discovered NF. He's a "Christian Rapper". I say it like that because he's a Christian but doesn't always rap about God and faith. He deals with themes like depression, bullying, abuse and fame. he gives God the credit for his talent.
NF- Oh Lord
When ya healthy it's like we don't really care for Him then
Leave me alone God. I'll call you when I need you again.
Which is funny. Everyone will sleep in the pews
Then blame God for our problems like He sleeping on you.
His lyrics are deep and make you think. His music is very bold and strong. Some would describe is as aggressive and in your face. It's loud and dramatic. It's hard to describe what his music is like because it's specific. His music is beautiful at times and always passionate. He doesn't beat around the bush and doesn't hide his opinions or the way he's feeling. In his song Real he described it as heavy and in Therapy Session he said aggressive and moody.

NF- Wake Up  
So you point a finger at God and tell him to do his job
And fix ya' life up cause nothin' is working!
And you will try to hide and make it seem like it's nothin'
But really you feel like everything is crashing' around you.
 His music videos are like his music. They are serious and really capture the message of the songs. They are dark and capture the heart grabbing, mind turning message he portrays in his words. I would highly encourage you to check him out if you enjoy rap. My sister described it as being eerie.
NF- Therapy Session  
I ain't gon' walk on these stages in front of these people
And act like I live my life perfectly.
That doesn't work for me.
Christian is not the definition of a perfect me.
I ain't the type to be quiet.
I ain't gon' sit here in silence.
His music is not for everybody! He has a great voice and if you don't like the style of rap he does usually he has some great songs that he has done with some other Christian artists like Britt Nicole and FLAME.
FLAME ft. NF- Start Over
 Everybody’s got a blank page
A story they’re writing today
A wall that they’re climbing
You can carry the past on your shoulders
Or you can start over.
Regrets, no matter what you've gone through
Jesus, He gave it all to save you
He carried the cross on His shoulders
So you can start over
I love his music because...well it's rap and I like rap. But also his music is raw and he doesn't hid from the audience. He doesn't sugar coat things. he says it as it is. He shows what he has to give and I appreciate that. He writes and sings from his heart, from what he is learning and from what he is passionate about.

This is not a usual post of mine. But I hope you enjoyed it anyway. I know this is a little out of place but my photos for this week are down bellow. Thank you for reading.
Darcy-Rea




This is Chun and Sok; two of our silly little students. They come to the 4:00 beginners class.These two boys get up to all kinds of mischief together. They make me laugh even you they can be a pain at time. 

 


A team from a few weeks ago game us these beads and the little kids love them. They get them out before class and make all kinds of fun and silly Jewellery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans