My time spent




Dear readers,
We have already experienced twice that Cambodians do birthdays much differently to how we do it in the western world. Birthdays are almost non-existent here. No birthday parties and if they are they are always brought upon by the birthday girl/boy. And gifts are not given often on birthdays. It made me think how we make birthdays seem so big and important when it's just another day. It doesn't feel special or different unless people make it feel special or different.
I spent my day shopping with mum and a friend. Then God sent some beautiful rain so my siblings and I played around in it for a while. In the evening we ate out at a restaurant with three of my new Cambodian friends. I learnt that it's not what you get or what you do on your birthday that makes it special but the people you spend it with.
As always thank you for reading.
Darcy-Rea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Habakkuk: a Hidden Gem in the Old Testament