Wonderful Water

Hey there,
It's the rainy season at the moment which means it rains all the time. Sometimes every day and sometimes for hours on end. This floods the streets and creates mud on the bottom of our shoes. We have to ride our bicycles home from ministry in the pooring rain. However, this has created many adventures. We have gone to get pancakes in the rain. We have raced through puddles. We have gone swimming in lakes almost overflowing. Some of my favorite memories with the team have invloved this plentiful water. 
One Rainy Day
A bunch of us were once eating out at a restaurant when it started to rain. This was no small drizzle either. I did not particularly want to go out in the rain on our bicyles to get home. I was not a fan of being in a soaking dress that clings to my body. We had a time that we had to be back at the house for and time was running out. But, there was no other way to get home so I gave in and went head first into the rain. I got soaked very quickly We ended up racing home, laughing all the way and skidding through puddles. The ride wasn't always easy. The roads were slippery and the waters were deeep at parts. At one part in the road the flood waters were thigh high and somebody decided to get off thier bicycle and have a quick swim before continuing home. This same situation, with it raining and me not wanting to get wet, happened a few times and every time we ended up having so much fun. That is the best way to ride home and I don't think I'm so afraid of the rain anymore. 
Flooding at the Local Hospital 

We have also gone swimming quite a few times. Ther is this lake just out of town that is surrounded by wooden bungalos. They have hamocks, mats and tables. The water itsn't supper clean but it's refreshing on a hot day. Every time we go I stand infront of the water for a solid five minutes debating go in the water. For some reason I can't just jump in. There are two ways I've entered thus far. I have gotte one of the other girls to hold my hand and jump in with me. That way I can't really back down last minute. The second way has been being pushed in, which I don't actually mind that much.  Once I'm in the water though I'm happy. Once I'm wet though I don't mind jumping in again and again. I love swimming and it's been a blast to go with friends. 
Playing in the Rain with Students

These simple experiances taught me a valuable lesson. There are times in life we really don't want to do something. Maybe it makes us uncomfortable. Maybe it doesn't seem enjoyable. Maybe it makes us scared. Or maybe it's to unknown for our liking. However, when you trust God and dive in head first reward will often come from it. It may still be hard. It may still be uncomfortable or scary but you may learn something from it or grow from it. So, if you're struggling with Gods will for you at the moment I want to encourage you in this. Take the leap of faith and trust that he will support you through it all. He will be by your side as long as you are going the same direction he is. Fear does not bound him like it bounds us. Let his peace fill you are you take his hand and jump in to his perfect plan for your life. 
John 14:27 
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
Darcy-Rea 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Habakkuk: a Hidden Gem in the Old Testament