Too Much to Lose (Story)

There was a man who worked as a missionary somewhere in South America. He had been working in a Leper Camp. While working there he got to know a man who had been living in the camp for a long time. This man was very sick, in fact he was dying. He had no hands and no feet left because of the leprosy. He had lost his ears and nose too. He was a very sick man. The leper owned only two small things; a tin can and a small wooden spoon, nothing of much value if you ask me. When food was brought to him, they would put it in his little tin can. He would then use his arm stumps to lift the tin to his mouth and eat. He was a very poor, very sick man. Now this missionary man had been working with the leper for a while now, but he had to return to America. On his last day in the camp the missionary man, along with a translator, talk to the leper for the last time and begged him to accept Jesus as he was so close to dying. But the leper looked up at the missionary and said sadly "But I have too much to lose."
This was a story that I was told in Church yesterday as we were discussing salvation. It touched my heart. He was a man who had nothing, yet nothing was too much to lose in his opinion. The story is very sad and it seems to sum up people perfectly. It's hard to understand why he would refuse while he was in such a state, but people are hoarders of sins. As I learned yesterday, sins have no value, in fact they take away from our value. Yet, we refuse to let go of them. The leper even in his last days of life refused to let go of his sins and his life. When we give our lives to Christ we are simply giving what already belong to him. He made us. He loves us. He wants us to let him in to do some spring cleaning in our lives.
Darcy-Rea

This was the woman in my last post titled 'Cutting Grass'. I saw again last Wednesday and this time I had a camera with me, so I took a photo to show. I didn't want her to notice I was taking a photo though. That's why it's kind of far away. And remember now I have newsletters! You can subscribe to the right over there. 👉🏻

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans