Peace Amongst the Chaos

Hi there friends,
I am sure you are all aware of the global situation currently going on. We are all being impacted by this in some form or fashion. And so, I wanted to update you as to where I am and the situation directly around me and affecting me. 

Firstly, I would like to say that I am okay and so is my family! I am currently at Bible school here in Texas. I flew to Canada on Thursday the 12th of March for spring break. I got to spend some time with my sister in Windsor, Ontario and then we drove to Cambridge, Ontario where I was living before I came to Texas. I was intending on staying there until this coming Sunday, the 22nd of March. However, on Monday our Prime Minister had a press conference which informed us that borders are closing. I immediately got some texts from people concerned for me. I decided that with the rapidly changing situation it would be wisest for me to return to Texas while I was able. So, I called my mother, my school and my travel agent. We were able to change my tickets fairly easily. Less than 24 hours later I was on a plane returning to Texas. The Toronto airport was empty. I got through security and immigration in about twenty minutes. Fly was smooth and I got back to school at 8pm last night. My temperature was tested and I had to fill out a medical questionnaire before I was allowed to return to my dorm and see my roommates. Many Canadians here have chosen to return to Canada. His Hill is still up and running and will only be closing if they must. I plan to stay here as long as school is running. The atmosphere here is one of uncertainty and much emotion. It's sad to see people leave one by one.

Some of my His Hill family as we prepared to say goodbye to a couple of them.

As for my family, they are also doing well currently. Jordy is in Windsor, Ontario and will be in self-quarantine for the next few weeks. Mum, Dad and Yannick are still in Malaysia. School has been canceled and moved to an online format for them. They are to stay inside unless necessary. My dad was planning on coming for my graduation in May but that plan has been suspended until we see what happens next. I had a plan to go to Quebec in April for my grandfathers birthday. But that trip is also canceled for their safety.

However, through all of this and despite the sadness I can't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude. We have so much to be grateful for! I am grateful that I was able to travel yesterday. I am grateful that my school is still running. I am grateful that I am in good health. I am grateful that my friends and family are also in good health. I am grateful that I am lacking in nothing right now. I am grateful that I got to go to Canada at all. I am grateful for the time that I got to spend with my sister and friends however short it may have been. Through everything I have been so blessed by my community. I have seen people rise up in support and encouragement. As we say goodbye to people here we have gathered together in prayer, fellowship and worship like never before. It has been so beautiful to watch. I am so grateful for these friends that so quickly became family over these months. So in the midst of all of this chaos and uncertainty I have I have been so blessed and grateful. We can have so much peace because we know that Christ is forever on His throne. He has a plan and it is infinitely better than any we could have despite how hard it may be for the moment. I know that we will come out the other side of this stronger than ever before. During turmoil we can always rely on the love and peace of God. We can rest in Him knowing that He has the whole world (Even you and your situation) in His hands.

Flying back to Texas on Tuesday filled with gratitude

I hope and pray that you all stay safe and make wise choices. As easy as it is to panic and complain, wouldn't it be so much more beautiful to come together in support and love right now? Keep yourselves busy and spend a little extra time with God and loved ones with your extra time. I am sending out love and prayers as I write this. Until next time friends,
Darcy-Rea

Jordy and I as we wandered around a favorite antique store

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Bible Study Methods

A Little Life Update

Our Little Wedding Plans